The Vegetable stuffed pumpkin recipe comes to us from Ana, our market manager. It is one of her favorite fall meals. See the list below for the ingredients and which vendor to get them from and the recipe.
Enjoy something spicy for an hors d'oeuvres. Spread cream cheese in a platter and cover with Pineapple Habanero Jam from A Garden Runs Through It. Dip with crackers.
Vegetable Stuffed Pumpkin
- Cut an opening around the stalk of the pumpkin.
- Scrape the seeds from the inside of the pumpkin. Scrape out some of the meat of the pumpkin, leaving at least an inch of thickness. The pumpkin will be filled with the stuffing to bake inside it later.
- Sauté the onions, garlic, carrots, leeks, celery in butter for 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the nutmeg, sage, and thyme and cook for a minute.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook for about 10 minutes.
- If using sausage, add it to the garlic mixture and cook until brown.
- Add in the pumpkin meat and kale and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add in eggs, bread, and broth or cream and gently stir to combine.
- Layer stuffing mixture and cheese inside pumpkin, ending with a cheese layer. Bake pumpkin in 350 F degree oven for 45 minutes or until fork tender.
Roasted Beet, Apple, and Walnut Salad
- While the beets are roasting, wash and dry the greens.
- Core the apples and slice them.
- Chop the walnuts
- Peel and slice the onion.
- To make the dressing, pour 1/4 cup olive oil, 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar, 1 Tbs maple syrup, and 3 Tbs apple cider vinegar into a jar and shake it until mixed.
- When the beets are done, allow to cool, then peel and slice them.
- To prepare the salad, place the lettuce onto a platter. On top of that, place the beets, apples, onion, and walnuts. Serve alongside the balsamic vinaigrette.
- Eat alongside beet fennel sauerkraut
Desserts and After Dinner Drinks
Want a pie? Enjoy many varieties, including pumpkin, from Wedge
Have a sweet tooth for a cookie? Bring home a dozen from Flour Power Baking Company
Need a perk up? Enjoy a hot cup of coffee from Cluxton Alley Coffee or a soothing cup of tea from Wind Dance Farm or Green GRRRL Wisdom.
Bring your feast ingredients home in a beautiful basket from Woman Art Ghana.