At the Northside Farmers Market, you can find sweet potatoes to make your own chips at Lobenstein Farm. If you are in a time crunch, but still want a chip fix, visit Back Acres Farm. They make their own kettle sweet potato chips that are delicious, when available.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Using a mandolin or very sharp knife, cut the sweet potato into 1/4" slices. Holding the potato with a kitchen towel is very helpful to prevent cuts while using the mandolin.
- The key to any potato (sweet or white) being crisp from baking is to soak the potato in cold water for at least half an hour.
- Drain and pat the potatoes dry with a kitchen towel.
- Place the oil and spices into a large bowl. Add the sweet potatoes and toss until coated.
- Divide the sweet potatoes among the two trays being sure to lay them in a single layer.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 10 minutes until lightly baked and brown, being careful not to burn them.
- Place them on a cooling rack to cool.
- Eat and enjoy!