Items with an asterisk (*) can be found at the Northside Farmers Market
1# of fresh vegetables: a variety of greens, green beans, broccoli, peppers, peas, zucchini or other squash*
One pound of cooked pasta*
1/2 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic minced*
Choice of cheese: mozzarella cut into cubes, or grated Parmesan cheese, or Romano.*
Fresh herbs: basil and oregano, sprigs of rosemary*
Salt Pepper: ground black, and/or a pinch or two of red pepper flakes
4 teaspoons of Balsamic vinegar
Options: capers, olives, anchovies, Italian sausage* or chicken or shrimp
- Chop vegetables and sautée in olive oil, when they are cooked to your liking, remove from pan. While you are doing this, cook pasta and drain.
- Toss pasta in a bowl with a small amount of olive oil to keep pasta from sticking together.
- Heat olive oil in pan and toss in minced garlic and stir for one minute.
- Combine cooked vegetables with pasta and drizzle oil and garlic mixture.
- Toss, add cheese and then drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top. Garnish with additional fresh herbs.