*find these items at the Northside Farmers Market!
- 2lb zucchini cut into matchsticks*
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced*
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Place zucchini in a colander set in sink and toss with the salt. Let squash stand for 10 minutes, then squeeze well to remove excess moisture.
- Toast almonds in a dry skillet.
- Heat oil in skillet add garlic and red pepper flakes, cook until fragrant but not browned. Add zucchini and cook, toss occasionally. Do not over cook- it should be slightly crisp.
- Add parmesan cheese and almonds. Salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 4 servings
180 calories, 13 grams of fat and 3 grams of fiber per serving