- 1 head of bibb lettuce *
- 1 bunch of green onions sliced thinly
- 2 carrots shredded or sliced thinly*
- chicken, roasted or grilled and sliced thinly * or, use tofu or alternative
- fresh basil and cilantro- chopped
- 1 small cucumber sliced thinly
optional- rice noodles
For the sauce-
- 1/2 cup local peanut butter*
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce
- a few tablespoons of warm water
optional- sesame seeds
For the sauce, whisk all ingredients together and let sit.
Gently tear the lettuce leaves off whole, wash and set aside. Chop all vegetables and set aside. Cook chicken/alternative and chop to size. Set all ingredients on a large plate and serve family style with the lettuce and the Thai peanut sauce.
Remember when it comes to the wraps you can customize it with any vegetable your heart desires!
* denotes items typically available at the market